CLERY ACT SEMINAR
BUILDING COMPLIANCE EXCELLENCE
YOU ASKED, WE LISTENED!
“Safety is Everyone’s Business” – Especially true for Clery Act compliance success.
The Seminar will…
- Build a multi-disciplinary team of campus experts who have a detailed understanding of Clery requirements, including overlap with Title IX.
- Replace fear or misgiving with knowledge and confidence.
- Include lessons learned from our work with hundreds of clients where we’ve delivered both training and compliance assistance.
- Review guidance based on our research into the U.S. Dept of Education’s findings.
- Allow you to review your Annual Security Report for completeness.
- Provide tools like work plans and checklists to improve compliance, including internal data audits and CSA identification, notification, and certification.
- Emphasize the criticality of an interdisciplinary, institutional approach.
- Give you a comprehensive guidebook including references, sample policies and notices.
- Include a panel discussion and Q&A with Jim Moore from the U.S. Department of Education Clery Act Compliance Division.
- Address the complex VAWA regulations with the experience of leaders from Cozen O’Connor’s Institutional Response Group. IRG is THE national thought leader on Title IX.
Our lead faculty are…
- All current or former higher education administrators
- Intentionally a blend of;
- Consultants who work with scores of campuses a year and see the high- level challenges and trends; and,
- Practitioners who are working on campuses facing the same challenges you face every day.
You need a Clery Act team because…
- The Act touches nearly every part of a campus organizational chart.
- A high functioning multi-disciplinary team is critical.
- Institutions will gain the most benefit from sending teams, ideally from different offices including; campus safety, student conduct, Title IX, compliance, human resources, and campus counsel
CLE, HRCI and SHRM credits are pending.
The Seminars evolved from our work providing hundreds of Clery Act clients with training and compliance guidance. Margolis Healy has been delivering timely and relevant Clery training since 2008.
Our curriculum constantly evolves in response to changing federal guidance and reflections from our work with institutions across the U.S.
We go beyond the Handbook, focusing on the spirit of the law, as well as risk identification and reduction, teaching you to maximize your efficiencies while achieving compliance.